Night Harvest is a young wine company that combines the brilliance, knowledge and experience of its three talented founders – Andy Ferreira, a renowned viticulturist; Rob Tincey, a skilled wine grower; and Ray Anderson, an enthusiastic wine – lover and caretaker of the commercial aspects of the enterprise.
The company has taken up the ideology of ‘harvesting grapes at night’, which has a lot of benefits. Some of the popular Night Harvest wines are –
- Classic White 2010: It is a classic wine of yellow straw colour and has aromas of fresh guava and citrus. The alcohol content of this wine is about 13%. The palate packs intense flavoursof gooseberries and grapefruit, combined with a zesty finish.
- Chardonnay 2008: It has a light yellow straw colour and has 13.4% alcoholic content. It gives off a strong aroma of ripe and fresh peaches and figs. The palate of this bubbly delight is well rounded, and has crisp and crunchy stone fruit flavours with an eccentric acid balance.
- Merlot 2007: This is an exceptional wine that has vibrant red colour with hints of purple. It is stronger with 14.1% alcohol content. The aroma of this Merlot has a mix of cherry and raspberry and is quite notable as it gives off a strong scent. Fresh plum and blackberry fruits dominate the palate.
- Shiraz 2008: With 13.5% alcohol content and a deep purplish – red colour, the Shiraz 2008 is one of the most demanded wines of the company. Its appealing ripe fruit aromas hint at a touch of pepper and forest floor. The palate speaks of berry flavours, oak and strong tannins.
- Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2011: Having 13.8% alcohol content, this wine is 80% Sauvignon and 20% Semillon. This pale straw hued wine gives off aromas of fresh guavas and a little tone of honey. It has a balanced and crisp palate dominated by tropical fruity flavours.