Here is a list of top 10 wine regions in the world:
- France: Undoubtedly, it is the most fabulous wine region in the world. Also, the home to Champagne region that produces the world’s most exquisite sparkling wines.
- Italy: Italy comes next to France but produces wines of equally fabulous qualities.
- Spain: Next come Spain with its mind blowing Tempranillo and Airén grape varieties.
- USA: California is the place to be when it comes to American wines with Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay being most popularly planted varieties.
- Argentina: Argentinean Malbec and Chardonnay are famous all over the world.
- Australia: Home to the Penfold’s Grange, Australia has some of the most remarkable wineries in the world. Beautiful Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz wines dominate the Australian wine scene.
- Germany: German Rieslings are to die for. The country also produces some fabulous Müller-Thurgau.
- South Africa: Ranking seventh in the list of most popular wine regions in the world, South Africa is long known for its remarkable Chenin Blanc.
- Chile: Chilean Cabernets and Chardonnays are very popular along with Carmenere being their flagship wine varietal.
- Portugal: This is where the marvelous port wines hail from.